Thursday, February 24, 2005

Origin

In my personal blog, I wrote (vaguely) about creating a blog about puzzles. This is it. The mission statement is on the main page:
A group effort exploring the design and aesthetics of puzzles from the points of view of creators and solvers.
Of course, I'm the entirety of the group, right now, but that should change shortly.

My goal, right now, is to start a discussion about what puzzles are, how creators and solvers approach them, what makes them good or bad, what makes them clean or broken, and what makes them fun or excruciating. The scope of puzzles will be wide. This blog won't focus only on crossword puzzles or pencil-and-paper puzzles. Puzzles of all sorts, including logic puzzles, video-game puzzles, mechanical puzzles, etc. will be included.

In doing all this, the blog will try to keep readers linked to puzzle content on the Web; it will also try to stay up to date with non-Internet puzzles too. And because the people who work (or will work) here have other interests, you can expect to find occasional diversions into games, trivia, language, math, and other areas.

So, welcome. Let's see if this can stay afloat until July.

3 Comments:

Good to see this afoot!

By Blogger Foggy Brume, at 8:29 AM  

So am I, though the only reason I'm posting this is so that I can run some tests on the format of comments.

By Blogger Tablesaw, at 9:42 AM  

I'm aboard, and I've just posted the one news tidbit I came across yesterday.

Now, to test the comment posting options out... :-)

By Anonymous Gabby, at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home